Dream Job Ready
Dream Job Ready – Episode 50
Host Dane Sharp is joined by Stevie’s CEO Jo Harris and Advisor Peter Knock to discuss the future of recruitment, hiring and culture fit. Stevie is a new online startup that’s offering a new take on recruitment.
Dane was involved in the creation of Stevie, which occurred during a marketing hack games held in early 2020. You can hear more about that in Episode 23 of the Dream Job Ready show, when I interviewed MI Academy’s Alita Harvey-Rodriguez and Natalie Khoury, who coordinated the event.
Recruitment isn’t perfect and there’s no doubt Covid-19 and working from home has impacted it. It really is the perfect time to offer an evolved experience.
Conversations in this episode include:
- What is Stevie and who’s it for (job seekers and companies looking to hire)
- Stevie and its relationship with retail jobs
- Why cultural fit matters
- Partners and Businesses working with Stevie (Shippit, Shopify, AfterPay, Trust Pilot, Deputy, Adore Beauty)
- Online job application and recruitment process
- The importance of human understanding in job recruitment
- How important is Team and People in Business?
- Complexities of launching a business during a pandemic, including not all team members meeting in person
- How to create and foster team culture in the online world
- Remote working
- Join www.hirestevie.com.au and be an early candidate
If you’d like to connect with Dream Job Ready via our Socials:
- YouTube / Search ‘Dream Job Ready’
- LinkedIn / https://www.linkedin.com/company/dreamjobready
- Facebook / @dreamjobready
- Instagram / @dreamjobready
- Twitter / @dreamjobready
And if you’d like to financially support this podcast series, please make a contribution via https://supporter.acast.com/dream-job-ready-1
Music: ‘Funky Sunday’ composed and performed by Mark Matthews.
Copyright 2020 | Remarkable
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/dreamjobready.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Aiming to help, inspire, excite and ready the next generation of young professionals to get their dream job.