Eat & Drink with Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
Today's episode Marco and Ali celebrate all things Honey!
Join us on February 20th on the Virtual cooking class: Relish Cooking Studio
Bee's Knees Cocktail:
- 2 oz Gin
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 oz honey syrup
- Garnish: Lemon twist.
- Add Gin, Lemon juice & Honey Syrup into a shaker.
- Shake the Beejezuz out of it.
- Strain into a cocktail glass (coupe or martini will do).
- Add Lemon twist as a lovely garnish sit back, knees up and slam that perfect cocktail back.
HONEY CHIPOTLE TURKEY MEATBALLS - inspired by the Queen herself (Martha Stewart)
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 onion, diced finely
4 garlic cloves, minced and then smashed
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
Fresh cilantro - 3 tbsp of minced stems, saving leaves for garnish
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 - 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, depending on your tolerance for heat
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together turkey, onion, garlic, salt, spices and herbs.
- Combine but do not overmix.
- Form into 16 meatballs.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, chiles, and vinegar.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour honey mixture over meatballs, and swirl skillet to coat; bake until liquid is reduced and meatballs are glazed, 5 minutes, swirling halfway through.
These meatballs are now ready to join their soulmate: your mouth. However, they can be accompanied by a 3rd wheel like roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, rice pilaf...or stuffed into a submarine-style bun as a sandwich. THE WORLD IS YOURS!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Comedians Ali & Marco discuss Food & Drink.