Find Your Voice
Life is totugh without adversity but when it strikes its always a good tip to know the things that will help us cope during those difficult times.
So life is tough enough as it is. Whether its striving for that next promotion, that 6 pac physique or juggling your hobbies with your children.
But what happens when adversity strikes and times become even more difficult?
Well this video will give you some steps to really protect your mental health and wellbeing during these times.
- Write it down: Journalling or simply writing down what has happened is a key to removing the mismatch of ideas and scenarios you are creating in your head. You will likely jot more logical representations of what is actually going on and you are more likely to find a solution either to solve the difficulty you are facing or coping with it.
- Tackle it. If it is something that can be tackled, then one of the sure fire ways to eliminate or ease your fears is to tackle it. Now ideally this should come after step 1, as you will likely have a better solution for tackling your difficulty.
- Get support. Your friends and family are there to be leaned upon and not ignored or avoided during your times of difficulty. I have found personal strength, encouragement and support when I have found the courage to reach out in my moments of adversity and I cannot recommend it enough. If you are facing something more serious, especially mental health related, please see your GP and request further help.
- Remind yourself of the last time you faced a challenge or time of difficulty and how you are still here today to watch this video or listen to this podcast. This can be your badge of honour or reminder to jog your memory of how resilient you are.
- Control the controllables. I speak about this more than I speak about anything but if we can remember this quote, mantra we will always have a better perspective on things we are able to control and cope with during difficult times.
- Allow yourself some time to go through what your going through. If you are grieving, be kind to yourself and give yourself the time you need. If you are facing obstacles or difficulties that you want to scream and shout about, do it. Just don't let it become an everyday thing and know that at some stage you have to take that step forward and grow from the experience.
- Prioritise your self care routines. These include working out, eating right, hydration, meditation etc. The things you know after doing them, positively benefit you are often the things we quickly neglect or stop doing when we need to do them the most.
Episode on forgiveness:
Books to buy:
Buy Outwitting the Devil: https://amzn.to/3c97pGq
Buy Principles: https://amzn.to/2ZOk1js
Buy How to stop worrying & start living: https://amzn.to/3esi4h4
Buy The 4 hour work week: https://amzn.to/3cuAwnZ
Buy Essentialism: https://amzn.to/2xHUTiL
Buy Mindset by Carol Dweck https://amzn.to/2QajMvZ
Support the podcast: https://www.patreon.com/findyourvoice
Podcast equipment recommended:
Rodecaster Pro: https://amzn.to/2M36Lj5
Rode podmic: https://amzn.to/36yfYcy
Rode NT-USB - https://amzn.to/2X7LsDp
Sony DSCHX90 Digital - https://amzn.to/2TCAfID
Canon Powershot SX730 HS - https://amzn.to/2yQkbs6
Canon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera and EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens - https://amzn.to/2WYtWkT
Nikon D5300 - https://amzn.to/3c825mN
Logitech BRIO 4K webcam - https://amzn.to/3enEuA1
Sony a6500 mirrorless - https://amzn.to/2ZAOJfW
Podcast host (acast):
Links to me:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, but you are charged the same. This in effect helps me use the proceeds towards growing the Find Your Voice Podcast.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
View full episode
An empowering movement to help you combat your excuses, take control of your life, write your own story & most importantly Find Your Voice.
Whatever your current situation is telling you, it is not the end. It is just a chapter or page in the book of your life. This podcast will interview people from all walks of life who have faced, adversity, anxiety, grief, death, depression, family loss etc but have found a way to persevere and win. They have found their voice & have now started to write their own story.
It will also demonstrate to you that with the right mindset and correct action you too can really start taking control of your life and finding your way in life, at whatever it is that makes you happy.
Finding your voice is about showcasing your true self and making decisions for you, not to please others. It is a metaphor for finding your purpose in life and taking full responsibility and accountability for your future.
It's always been a goal to change the world, but I can't do this alone. I need your help. Join the movement and let’s share our stories to not only find our own voices, but to help others too.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.[This description is from Find Your Voice.]
Helping people find their voice & write their own story.
Self-Help podcasts Visit podcast A random podcast 🎲