In this 169th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award–winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host interviews Adrien Treccani, Founder and CEO of Metaco, a company that enables traditional financial institutions to offer their clients blockchain solutions!
- 0:29 – Adrien Treccani introduces Metaco.
- 1:06 – What brought about the genesis of Metaco?
- 3:24 – How did Metaco solve the frictions of cryptocurrency mass adoption?
- 6:15 – What does the client process look like with Metaco?
- 9:16 – Is Adrien seeing a willingness to adopt blockchain solutions out of fear of future regulation?
- 12:14 – How does Metaco’s system of hierarchies and permissions work?
- 14:10 – Adrien breaks down the book on cryptocurrency and blockchain technology that he is currently writing.
- 15:57 – Where does Adrien see Metaco going in the future?
- 17:32 – What is Adrien seeing as the primary reason for purchasing crypto?
- 20:03 – If Adrien could change one thing in his industry, what would it be?
- 21:50 – What has been the biggest challenge in getting Metaco to where it is today?
- 25:43 – Adrien shares what excites him the most about what he is working on.
3 Key Points
- Regulations, infrastructure, and a lack of market demand were the main frictions preventing institutional adoption of cryptocurrencies.
- Metaco has taken the best and largest traditional bank models and adjusted them for the age of digital assets.
- At this stage, Adrien is not seeing massive adoption of cryptocurrencies as payment options, rather as an investment.
- “Governance we think is really where we find is in pretty much everything on the market today.” – Adrien Treccani
- “The fact of the matter is having some degree of optional socialization is a comfort that most investors will ask for.” – Adrien Treccani
- “Having one person with control over the keys is not a smart thing because what happens if that one person goes?” – Jason Pereira
- “Anyone who laughed at the concept of tokenizing asset classes just didn’t understand.” – Jason Pereira
- Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
- LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
- FintechImpact.co – Website for Fintech Impact
- JasonPereira.ca – Sign up for Jason Pereira’s newsletter
- Woodgate.com – Website for Woodgate Financial
- Metaco.com – Website for Metaco
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.This description is from Fintech Impact. Subscribe or follow this podcast:
Interviews and commentary about how technology is changing the world of finance.