Real Men Feel
“Men are fixers. We think we need to know how to fix everything. I tell the men pretty much every week that we are not here to fix each other,” explains Alan Cantor, Spiritual Guide, Transformational Coach, and Founder of The Surround Men’s Group. Alan Cantor has dedicated his life to creating a vision for children to live in a better world, and that starts with men. He believes there are three core concepts to improving a man’s life – connection, trust and listening.
Alan opens up about his father dying when he was young and the effect it had on his understanding of manliness. Alan’s father was in many fraternal groups and seeing his father so passionate about connecting with other men made Alan want to connect on that same level. Alan looks at the wisdom his father gave him before passing as a gift that allows him to communicate, listen and understand men effectively. Now, Alan runs a very successful men’s group, The Surround, where men come together to better each other and themselves by listening, connecting and trusting one another.
Tune into this week’s episode of Real Men Feel for a conversation with Alan Cantor about embracing the positives of being a man. Learn what is appropriate to say to younger boys about manliness, how to accept that your emotions make you stronger, and how to take opportunities to become a better man. Plus, check out Alan’s recommended video The Nail in your Forehead linked below!
• “We are all interconnected.” (12:56-12:59)
• “It’s really one energy that we are representing and living out.” (13:15-13:18)
• “Fear is the basic emotion of men, the basic feeling. It’s where men drive their lives from.” (16:47-16:54)
• “The most terrible words you can say to a boy is, ‘Be a man.’” (18:07-18:12)
• “We don’t just walk up to another man and go, ‘Hey! Let me tell you about my marriage.’” (23:05-23:12)
• “Men are fixers. We think we need to know how to fix everything. I tell the men pretty much every week that we are not here to fix each other. There is no way we can fix each other. I am not qualified to fix anybody. You’re not qualified. We just cannot do it.” (23:30-23:50)
• “Commitment before ego.” (27:00-27:04)
• “We who lead men, it’s on us to get what we need from other men.” (32:15-32:20)
Connect with Alan Cantor:
Website | thesurround.org
Email | [email protected]
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/TheSurround/
Check out Alan’s video recommendation: The Nail in Your Forehead | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg
Connect with Andy and the Real Men Feel Podcast:
YouTube | Real Men Feel
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/realmenfeel/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Real Men Feel encourages men to allow, share and feel whatever is going on for them.