Ben Pimentel explains why crypto prices are falling, the regulation that has the industry nervous, and whether this is a blip on the radar or a true crypto winter. Then, Janko Roettgers helps us make sense of Netflix’s tough earnings report, and why the company is pushing hard into gaming. Finally, Kate Kaye updates us on the state of AI text generators, and the latest in GPT-3.
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Ben Pimentel on Twitter
- Crypto winter is coming
- Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse on the SEC’s XRP lawsuit
- Ripple makes a contrarian move in the face of the crypto meltdown
- Robinhood is bleeding. Jamie Dimon is spending.
- Here’s the latest sign that Meta’s crypto project Diem is falling apart
- Janko Roettgers on Twitter
- Google is developing a low-end Chromecast with Google TV
- Netflix looks to expand gaming with major IP deals, Fortnite-like updates
- Netflix’s stock rollercoaster, explained
- Kate Kaye on Twitter
- OpenAI’s new language AI improves on GPT-3, but still lies and stereotypes
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.
A podcast about what matters in tech, by Protocol.