Nick Statt joins the show to discuss a big week in gaming news, including Valve’s new Steam Deck console and Netflix’s push into making video games. Then, Issie Lapowsky takes us inside the World Wide Web Consortium, where there’s a high-stakes privacy battle being waged over the future of privacy and the internet. Finally, Biz Carson talks about SoftBank, Tiger Global, and a massive shakeup happening inside the VC industry.
(Programming note: We’re off next week, back the week following.)
For more on the topics in this episode:
- Nick Statt on Twitter
- Valve announces handheld Steam Deck console for playing PC games
- Why Netflix is getting serious about video games
- Issie Lapowsky on Twitter
- Concern trolls and power grabs: Inside Big Tech’s angry, geeky, often petty war for your privacy
- Biz Carson on Twitter
- Tiger Global vs. SoftBank: Inside the investing playbooks that upended Silicon Valley
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.
A podcast about what matters in tech, by Protocol.