Debunking capitalist efficiency and competition. Find the transcript on Patreon.
Books to read:
- Bullshit Jobs: A Theory by David Graeber
- The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism by Max Weber
- The Theory of the Leisure Class by Thorstein Veblen
- The Money Cult: Capitalism, Christianity, and the Unmaking of the American Dream by Chris Lehmann
- The New Prophets of Capital by Nicole Aschoff
- Blessed: A History of the American Prosperity Gospel by Kate Bowler
- The Sum of Small Things: A Theory of the Aspirational Class by Elizabeth Currid-Halkett
We can’t continue to produce important episodes like this one without your solidarity. There is no Southpaw network without your financial support. In return, not only do you help produce our shows but you also get access to more great content. It’s mutual aid. Find our Patreon, swag, and other ways to support us at: https://www.southpawpod.com
You can find Southpaw on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @SouthpawPod
The #1 combat sports, pro-wrestling, action flick, and anime podcast for leftists & progressives!