The Payroll Podcast
Is Infrastructure and Data Changing Profile of Payroll? with Jim Kohl #92
An experienced leader focused on growth, tapping into potential and motivating teams, Jim is a Certified Payroll Professional with a history of working in the Software as a Service industry.
Jim is knowledgeable about payroll, current industry trends, and the wave of innovation and disruption entering the global payroll space.
Jim has an excellent Payroll Twitter account (which we recommend you all follow) and he is well known global payroll leader who has been with Check for nearly 3 years now and so Nick has invited him to the Payroll Podcast today to talk about how infrastructure and data innovation is rapidly changing profile of payroll.
In this “Is Infrastructure and Data Changing Profile of Payroll?” episode with Jim Kohl on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- How is data innovation making payroll admins/employees’ lives easier?
- How and why has infrastructure and data innovation changed payroll rapidly in the past 3 years?
- What factors have combined to make embedded payroll possible, and what do you advise people thinking about it?
- Tell us more about the future of payroll systems?
- Why do API-based systems offer greater opportunities for payroll professionals?
- Tell us more about Check
- Why is the Check SaaS proposition so unique and innovative in the world of payroll right now?
- How do payroll innovations cater to markets previously unaddressed?
- Given your experience across different parts of the payroll chain, what makes embedded payroll different / what’s new that it is enabling?
- If you could predict the future 5 years from now, what will payroll look like?
Links highlighted in this “Is Infrastructure and Data Changing Profile of Payroll?” episode are included below:
- Jim Kohl’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-kohl-406674122
- Check Website:https://www.checkhq.com/
- Jim Kohl’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheJimKohl
- Nick Day LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show The HR L&D Podcast?
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727 800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I hope you enjoyed this Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast soon!
Take control of your payroll function and develop your knowledge with the Payroll Podcast. Join Nick Day from JGA Payroll Recruitment as he meets with guests who are shaping the payroll industry. Cut through the confusing legislation, latest technology and payroll compliance issues affecting your payroll department to discover how this short payroll podcast can improve your payroll operation.