Visit https://podnews.net/update/shows-from-black-hosts for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- Hayti, a Black-owned news aggregation app, claims it is now the largest source of podcasts led by Black hosts. The app lists more than 2,000 shows.
- A new podcast hosting company, ShowPlatform, launched. The company offers 35 modules allowing entrepreneurs and influencers to host podcasts and repurpose them into different formats.
- Podcast host Podigee is celebrating its tenth anniversary. The company is based in Berlin, Germany.
Classifieds – your job or ad here
Grow Your Show with Podcast Review — Podcast Review (podcastreview.org) is thrilled to announce a new set of sponsorship options designed to help you reach avid podcast listeners at the exact moment they're looking for new shows.
Getting less than 1,000 downloads per episode? — Download your FREE Podcast Growth Scorecard! This tool helps you focus your podcast marketing so that you can spend your time on the marketing activities that have the most impact on podcast growth.
🤖✍AI Writer Built for Podcast Agencies & Networks — Swell AI: Automate writing shownotes, articles & more. Made for high-volume podcast workflows with time based billing, Enterprise API, Zoom, Dropbox, and Google Drive integrations. Get started free.
Let’s be Podcast Besties! 👯 — Podcast Bestie is a weekly newsletter and best friend to podcasters seeking craft tips, marketing strategies, jobs, industry info, and creative inspiration. Join the squad now.
- Bobby Lee, a comedian, is suing Amazon’s Wondery over a cancelled podcast contract.
- Adam Bowie was in the audience during the Edison Research presentation at The Podcast Show 2023. He posts more of the UK data shared at the event.
- Our Editor has uploaded a copy of his speech from The Podcast Show 2023 – on the last twelve months in podcasting, and the kind of industry we want podcasting to be in the future.
- LiveOne is looking to acquire Kast Media’s top shows in an all-stock deal. No further detail was given of ”the contemplated acquisition”.
Thank you to ARN’s iHeartPodcast Network Australia for becoming our latest supporter. Thanks to our supporters, we can offer Podnews free to everyone. You can support Podnews personally or on behalf of your company here.
Moves and hires
- Julie Shapiro has been hired as a supporter and advisor to Canadaland, the Canadian podcast network. She had been with Novel, PRX and Radiotopia.
The Tech Stuff
- Popular Podcasting 2.0 app Fountain has seen an upgrade. It now supports transcripts (not just those using the
podcast:transcriptfeature, but will produce transcripts on-demand); supports the
liveItemtag; and works faster – with many other additions.
- Embedding a podcast player into your site? There are quite a few options…
- We wrote a piece on how to choose the best podcast host. SoundCloud isn’t it.
- Indian Podcasting Revolution is a new show looking at the podcast industry in India. The show, hosted by Roshni Baronia and Rohit Kokane, gives a shoutout to noteworthy Indian podcasts, interviews successful independent podcasters and gets insights from global experts to shape up the Indian podcasting landscape.
- New in New Zealand this week is The Good Sex Project from Stuff: ”proudly brought to you by Hell”, the website says, which turns out to be a pizza chain. Hosted by Melody Thomas, the podcast is all about good relationships; while Hell will serve you up Brimstone, Pandemonium, Gluttony and a vegetarian option of Purgatory.
Gold supporters: Buzzsprout, Mowpod, Mamamia, Paramount, audioBoom, SALT, Simplecast, Podvine, Riverside.fm, Jar Audio, Spreaker, Podchaser, Awesound, Disctopia, TED Audio Collective, Podbean, Knucklehead Media Group, Evergreen Podcasts, Acast, Podpage websites, The Roost, We Edit Podcasts, Libsyn
Silver supporters: Storic Media, Bumper, Veritonic, Magellan AI, Capsho, Gilded Audio, ARN’s iHeartPodcast Network Aust, Storyboard, Jonekiri, Voxtopica, Gumball, The Podcast Haven, Cloud10, Terra Firma Audio, Message Heard, Podscribe, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Oxford Road, Sonic Influencer Marketing, matchmaker.fm, Rephonic, Lemonada Media, Castos, Wondery, Podcast Taxi, Barevalue, Maps.fm, Headliner, Podcastpage, Diversion Podcasts, Heartcast Media50, Double Elvis Productions, Ossa Collective, Jam Street Media, Kast Media, Blubrry, Optimal Living Daily, Zvook, Transistor, Podcast Partnership, StreamGuys, Hear.Here.Singapore, Content10x, Ad Results Media, She Podcasts, Cleanfeed, Revolver Podcasts, Sonix, Adopter Media, School of Podcasting, Podcast Movement, Lower Street, Podigy, Edison Research, Signal Hill Insights
Our personal supporters: Amy Woods, Jessica Alpert Silber, John, Armel, Mikel Ellcessor, Gene Monterastelli, Neil Mody, David Lloyd, Matt Wade, Steven Goldstein, Matthieu Beauval, Mirko Lagonegro, Andy Maher, Jason DeFillippo, Kara Silverman, Dave Shaw, The Virtual Couch, Liz Covart, Eric Hunley, Justin Jackson, Jack Rhysider, Josh Withers, Karen Jackson, CESLIE Armstrong, Oh God, What Now, Mike Rapin, Ed Sullivan, Stabl, Søren Hugger Møller, Patrick K. Walsh, Lindsay Graham, Michael Dell, Eric Nuzum, Benjamin Masse, Brett Johnson, Owen Grover, Eric John, Steve Stewart, Helene Pawlitzki, James Atkinson, Graeme Klass, Pete Morgan, Stew Redwine, Mohammad Ali, ShEvo (Sheila Dee & Evo Terra), Meggan Ellingboe, Buzz Knight, Jody Avirgan, Josh Muccio, Andy Bowers, Rekha Murthy, Alicia Mackey Huber, Mary Dooe, Joe Stone, Erin Harper, Lewis, George Mocharko, Kerry Donahue, Stephanie Arakelian, We Are Libertarians, Tony Garcia, Suzanne Schultz
Support Podnews, and our industry
Support us – this feed for Podmust.com
Daily news about the global podcasting and on-demand audio industry. Curated by James Cridland.