Visit https://podnews.net/update/audacity-privacy-updated for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- iHeartRadio is #1 for podcasts, according to the Media Monitors Podcast Listener Survey for the second half of June. Joe Rogan and The Daily are #1 and #2 shows; comedy is the #1 genre. The research is based on recall; Media Monitors is owned by iHeartMedia.
- Apple Podcasts is hiring for a Head of Content. This was N’Jeri Eaton‘s title.
Classifieds – your job or ad here
The Mosaic Life Podcast with Trey Kauffman — A podcast on happiness with a mission to help you feel good—mentally & physically—all of the time. Join Trey for conversations with authors, entrepreneurs & inspiring people living their best lives.
PRICES INCREASE WEDNESDAY to Podcast Movement 2021 — The world’s largest conference and trade show for podcasters and industry pros returns this August in Nashville. Register by midnight Wednesday before prices increase!
How visible is your Podcast? — 40% of users discover podcasts by searching their listening apps (Apple, Spotify…etc.). Find out how visible your podcast is with Voxalyze.
Follow the Super Awesome Mix Podcast — “I made you a mix tape”: some of the best words to hear from someone you care about. Weekly episodes feature a new mix, guests, and the stories behind each track. Rediscover the art of the mix tape.
- In an email, Google has said FeedBurner is to move to new infrastructure in mid-August, and warns people using their email subscription services to download their lists before then, since that feature won’t be available. Here’s more detail. FeedBurner powers 56,000 podcast feeds (about 1.4% of all podcasts).
- Clubhouse no longer has a waitlist, and is open to everyone. It’s also got a nice new logo, and a fancy website. Ed Zitron isn’t a fan, calling it a stinker.
- Podcast Movement’s Dan Franks talks to Audioburst about what to expect at Podcast Movement 2021. The event talkes place in Nashville TN, USA, on August 3-6. (One thing not to expect, sadly, is Podnews – we can’t travel).
- The Melbourne Podcast Festival has been rescheduled to September 17-19. Tickets are still valid.
- DM Podcasts has partnered with talent agency Born Bred Talent to offer brands access to their podcasters.
- Podsights and ARN’s iHeartPodcast Network have released details on the ad conversion rates for the network, which they say are higher than social media channels.
- Scott Galloway, the co-host of Pivot, has had his Bloomberg TV show cancelled after posting a weird half-clothed promo for it.
- Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen are releasing a book of the Renegades: Born in the USA podcast.
Tips and tricks
- Spotify Greenroom records in 64kbps 48kHz mono MP3, in case you’re wondering.
- Stop researching gear and focus on making your content better, says a redditor.
- All the trains in my son’s train podcast ranked by how much I hate them has almost nothing to do with podcasts, other than being sparked by listening to Thomas & Friends Storytime over and over again. (Here’s one with US accents). We thought it was worth linking to, though.
- MECCA Talks is new from Australasian cosmetic brand MECCA, working with Acast. It features conversations with brand founders, industry experts and MECCA’s in-house specialists, and has deep dives into the history of iconic beauty formulations.
- Sealed Section is a new health podcast from Mamamia, with Chantelle Otten focusing on intimate, private issues for women. There are some things just too personal for many women to talk about even with your closest friends.
- Gastropod, a food, science and history podcast, has joined the Vox Media Network, working with Eater.
Thank you to our supporters:
Gold supporters:Buzzsprout, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, Amazon Music, Osiris Media, Riverside.fm, Podcorn, Pineapple Street Studios, Cadence13, WideOrbit, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, Jar Audio, Simplecast, Podchaser, Awesound, Call for Content, Acast, Spotify for Podcasters, Knit, Podmetrics, backtracks.fm, TED Audio Collective, Evergreen Podcasts, Megaphone, Libsyn, Lantigua Williams and Co, The Podcast Haven, Engle, Podbean, Podcast Network Solutions, ART19, We Edit Podcasts, ElasticPod, Podpage websites, Adonde Media, Luminary, The Roost, Entale, One of One Productions Podcast Studio, Disctopia
Silver supporters:POST by Futuri, Terra Firma Audio, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Podscribe, Bullhorn, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, Kast Media, Podcastpage, Amaeya Media, Double Elvis Productions, RockWater Industries, Bababam, The Podcast Engineer, Castbox, Blubrry, Castos, Hindenburg, Zvook, Podcast Ad Report, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Podcast Taxi, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Barevalue, Transistor, Diversion Podcasts, Oxford Road, SPI, Podcast Guests, Whooshkaa, Optimal Living Daily, Wondery, Transmitter Media, Maps.fm, Headliner, Quill Podcasting, Latina Podcasters Network, Pacific Content, Heartcast Media50, audioBoom, Lemonada Media, Ossa Collective, Rephonic, 18sixty, matchmaker.fm, Jam Street Media, NPR, WaitWhat, Content10x, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, Podcast Partnership, DAX, Chartable, Podiant, StreamGuys, Know or Not? Podcast Network, Ad Results Media, EverythingWithPodcasting, Creative Zombie Studios, She Podcasts, Podknife, Stakhanov, Sonix, Revolver Podcasts, Veritone One, adswizz, Lower Street, School of Podcasting, Podigy, Adopter Media, Cleanfeed, Margarita Noriega, Podcast Movement, Edison Research, Signal Hill Insights
Support us – this feed for Podmust.com
Daily news about the global podcasting and on-demand audio industry. Curated by James Cridland.