Visit https://podnews.net/update/wtf-live for all the links, and to get our newsletter.
- The first-ever live recording of Marc Maron’s WTF in the UK has been announced for Oct 19 in London’s Bloomsbury Theatre. David Baddiel will be the guest. Tickets went on sale at 10am: WTF are you waiting for?
- ”It’s been ages since the last blockbuster narrative show,” says Nick Quah in an article for Vulture. ”[Serial] swiftly became a sensation, something you simply had to listen to out of cultural obligation, and it primed you to wonder which show would manage the feat next. It’s hard to say that any has.”
- Wonder Media Network announced its new subscription service through Apple Podcasts. When you sign up for WMN Politics+, you’ll get bonus content from shows like Majority 54 and early access to new podcasts like Teaching Texas, as well as ad-free shows.
Classifieds – your job or ad here
Let’s be Podcast Besties! 👯 — Podcast Bestie is a weekly newsletter and best friend to podcasters seeking jobs, industry info, craft tips, marketing strategies, and creative inspiration. Subscribe now.
If marketing your show feels exhausting… — it’s a sign that something’s wrong. Cut the overwhelm and focus on these three simple habits that will make growing your show feel effortless.
Podshare: Sign up for free to sell host read ads — We’ve developed Podshare to assist podcasters in monetising their podcasts while also providing better value to advertisers. It is free to sign up and suited to shows with big and small audiences.
🏆 7 of the Top 25 Podcasters use Supporting Cast — The largest podcast publishers rely on Supporting Cast to sell & deliver memberships and exclusive content — and we support lots of independent shows too 📈. Get in touch! [email protected]
LAND YOUR NEXT PODCASTING JOB — Get intro requests from hand-picked companies by joining PodKind talent collective → PodKind.org
🚨MUST-LISTEN—Tod Maffin’s daily marketing podcast — Today in Digital Marketing is a daily 10-minute newscast covering everything today’s developments in podcast marketing, programmatic ads, and social media that day. Ⓧ No interviews. Ⓧ No rambling.
- If you’ve any interest in analytics, research or statistics, then the ASI International Radio & Audio Conference in Nice, France, on Nov 2 should be of interest (we should know, our Editor has spoken at it a number of times). It’s the last day today for the early booking discount, we’re told.
- SCA, an Australian radio broadcaster and operator of audio app LiSTNR, has signed a multi-year podcast deal with AFL, the Australian Football League.
- Charges with Rex Chapman is to be adapted as a TV documentary.
- Podcast Day 24 has postponed its New York event on Oct 4. ”We could not deliver the event that we had planned”, said Radiodays Europe General Manager Peter Niegel. Events in Sydney and London will still take place: discount code
PODN1215will save around half price in both places.
- Cumulus Media and Hala Taha’s YAP Media have signed a podcast partnership.
- Podcast Radio has announced more details of its New York conference event on Oct 19.
- Streaming and podcast solutions provider StreamGuys has announced a set of promotions. Eduardo Martinez has been promoted to VP of Technology; Jesse Orr promoted to VP of Engineering; and Tara Strickwerda promoted to Director of Customer Success.
- Wilmer Valderrama has become a shareholder in My Cultura, the Latinx podcast network.
- With Lemonada Media: TikTok superstar V Spehar sometimes needs more than a minute to bring you the news! The Under the Desk News creator offers funny, insightful commentary every Tuesday and Friday on V Interesting.
- First In Line with Brit Morin is new today, from the venture capitalist and serial entrepreneur. Featuring leading tech, consumer and entertainment experts like Tim Ferriss, Gwnyneth Paltrow, Kevin Rose, Mila Kunis, Amy Porterfield, and Joanna and Chip Gaines, it cuts through the noise and offers an entertaining and educational guide on how to spot trends early and then use those skills to enrich your life
- In The Unicorn Launcher, you’ll find the real, raw and unfiltered lives of two Australian tech founders pulling apart and rebuilding their small company under the guidance of Silicon Valley super-coach, Matt Mochary (Coinbase, Robinhood, Reddit and more). It’s halfway through the first season, and takes quite the twists and turns.
- Passport to Everywhere with Melissa Biggs Bradley is new from SiriusXM, talking with passionate travelers, thought leaders, innovators, tastemakers and hoteliers from around the world. It’s broadcast on Business Radio, then made available afterwards as a podcast.
- Can I tell you a secret? is new from The Guardian, a new six-part podcast series exploring the case of Matthew Hardy, someone who stalked women online for over a decade, wreaking havoc in their lives and those of their friends and families. It would often start in the same way, a fake profile posing as a young woman with a simple message: “Hey hun, can I tell you a secret?”
- Trees have an impact on everyone – and Tree Speech is back for a fourth season with narrative storytelling, interviews, and wanderlust. The podcast seeks new understandings of the tangled relationships we have with the natural world, along with a renewed awareness of the trees in our lives.
Gold supporters: Buzzsprout, Mowpod, Mamamia, Resonate Recordings, SALT, audioBoom, Cohost, Callin, Simplecast, PodOps, Podvine, Riverside.fm, Cadence13, Podcorn, Pineapple Street Studios, Spreaker, Jar Audio, Podchaser, Awesound, Acast, The Roost, Engle, ART19, We Edit Podcasts, Adonde Media, One of One Productions Podcast S, Focusrite, Evergreen Podcasts, Podmetrics, Luminary, TED Audio Collective, Advertisecast, LWC Studios, Podbean, Disctopia, Knucklehead Media Group, Podpage websites, ElasticPod, Libsyn, Megaphone, Knit
Silver supporters: Storic Media, Veritonic, Podcode, Jonekiri, Storyboard, Gumball, Osiris Media, Cloud10, Rococo Punch, Terra Firma Audio, Polymash, Omny Studio, Message Heard, SoundMedia, Podscribe, Bullhorn, Health Podcast Network, Julep Hosting, Julep Podcast Marketing, 18sixty, Oxford Road, Rephonic, Blubrry, Ossa Collective, Glisten Media Podcast Production, Cleanvoice, Kast Media, SPI, Podcast Guests, NPR, Jam Street Media, Heartcast Media50, Transmitter Media, Diversion Podcasts, Maps.fm, Transistor, Hindenburg, Headliner, Castos, Whooshkaa, Podcast Ad Report, Barevalue, The Podcast Engineer, RockWater Industries, Zvook, Latina Podcasters Network, Pacific Content, Wondery, Podcast Taxi, matchmaker.fm, Optimal Living Daily, Lemonada Media, Podcastpage, Notetracks, Bababam, Double Elvis Productions, Sonic Influencer Marketing, Castbox, Ad Results Media, EverythingWithPodcasting, Know or Not? Podcast Network, StreamGuys, Content10x, DAX, Chartable, Rachel Corbett\s Podschool, Podcast Partnership, She Podcasts, School of Podcasting, Revolver Podcasts, Margarita Noriega, adswizz, Lower Street, Podigy, Stakhanov, Podcast Movement, Podknife, Adopter Media, Veritone One, Cleanfeed, Sonix, Signal Hill Insights, Edison Research
Our personal supporters: Amy Woods, Horse Radio Network, Armel, John, Mikel Ellcessor, Aaron Dowd, Gene Monterastelli, Neil Mody, David Lloyd, Matthieu Beauval, Matt Wade, Steven Goldstein, Andy Maher, Jason DeFillippo, Mirko Lagonegro, Gareth Evans, Kara Silverman, Dave Shaw, Arion Potts, Liz Covart, The Virtual Couch, Eric Hunley, Justin Jackson, Jack Rhysider, Bret Kinsella and Voicebot.ai, Karen Jackson, Josh Withers, Matt Deegan, They Walk Among Us, CESLIE Armstrong, Oh God, What Now, Stabl, Søren Hugger Møller, Patrick K. Walsh, Bradford Swanson, Tom Webster, Mike Rapin, Ed Sullivan, Eric Nuzum, Benjamin Masse, Brett Johnson, Thomas Umstattd Jr., Lindsay Graham, Eric John, Steve Stewart, Philip D Theophilus, Pete Morgan, Joe Stone, ShEvo (Sheila Dee & Evo Terra), Buzz Knight, Josh Muccio, Jeanette Burke, Owen Grover, atkinsonjd
Support us – this feed for Podmust.com
Image: Timothy Krause
Daily news about the global podcasting and on-demand audio industry. Curated by James Cridland.