Dr. Daniel Goleman and Amrit dive deep into developing emotional intelligence, with focus on leadership. They talk about self-awareness, how to manage your emotions, self-motivation and empathy, how to handle a relationship, and creating stability within yourself. They also converse about the impact of emotions on you and others, developing focus, types of focus, performance vs. stress levels and “good work”.
Dr. Daniel Goleman is a psychologist, science journalist, lecturer, and the author of the best-selling book Emotional Intelligence amongst others. He is also the host of First Person Plural podcast and Key Step Media publisher, co-director of Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations, co-developer of the Goleman EI, and former science journalist for the New York Times.
Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to recognize and manage your own feelings and to recognize and respond effectively to those of others. This tool with four domains helps you be more successful in all aspects of your life.
Self-awareness (keystone of EI), to recognize and understand how emotions help or hurt what you do. With this tool you have a sense of how others see you, a sense of your strengths and limitations which gives you self-confidence, and clarity on your values and sense of purpose.
Self-management, to handle your emotional reactions, control impulse, and to recover from life’s upsets.
Once you have mastered these skills, relationship management flows in naturally leading to leadership and interpersonal effectiveness.
Some stress is vital, but too much can shut down your brain’s ability to work well. This is a “frazzle state” that can be balanced in many different ways. Meditation is an excellent option. Get your own PSI stress/renewal balance here: ttps://www.keystepmedia.com/shop/psi/#.YVtXJppKi1s
- Welcome Dr. Daniel Goleman to Inspired Evolution!: (00:00:00)
- What is Emotional Intelligence?:(03:20)
- The importance of self awareness for EI: (03:46)
- Venting when you’re angry prolonging your mood: (06:41)
- Performance vs stress levels: (13:51)
- The importance of focus in present times: (21:23)
- Moving into self-motivation: (28:50)
- The importance of empathy: (32:06)
- Emotional stability linked with focus: (44:00)
- Different types of focus: (47:19)
- The importance of mindfulness for self-awareness: (49:27)
- Deep vs wide approach to mindfulness: (52:16)
Connect with Dr. Daniel Goleman:
Join the Inspired Evolution Community:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredEvolution/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inspired_evolution/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/InspiredEvolution/
- Website: https://inspiredevolution.com/
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/inspiredevolution.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Inspired Evolution, founded and hosted by Amrit Sandhu, is a movement driven to support you on ‘How to live the life you love !’ The Inspired Evolution is bringing new and inspired ways of being, living and thinking to the masses through meditation and education. The podcast episodes deliver wisdom, awareness and practical tools to empower individuals in their journey of transformation. Aiming to unlock your potential and increase your sense of community through finding your purpose! This practical content will empower you to transcend your limitations and collectively shift towards an inspired reality. Join your host Amrit Sandhu as he speaks with influential creatives, entrepreneurs and leaders who are not afraid to look deep within to reach their full potential. Tune in as they share their inspirational journeys that will guide you to awaken the creative leader within you. Together, Inspired to Evolve, Let’s be the change we wish to see in this world!